ISO 50001 Energy Management System
ISO 50001 Energy management systems – Requirements with guidance for use, is an international standard created by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The standard specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and improving an energy management system, whose purpose is to enable an organization to follow a systematic approach in achieving continual improvement of energy performance, including energy efficiency, energy security, energy use and consumption.
The standard aims to help organizations continually reduce their energy use, and therefore their energy costs and their greenhouse gas emissions.
ISO 50001 was originally released by ISO in June 2011 and is suitable for any organization, whatever its size, sector or geographical location. The second edition, ISO 50001:2018 was released in August 2018.
The system is modelled after the ISO 9001 Quality Management System and the ISO 14001 Environmental Management System (EMS) and the 2018 version has clauses modular with both.
Benefits of ISO 27001:2018 EnMS:
This standard specifies the requirements for an organization to establish, implement, maintain, and improve an energy management system (EnMS). Developing and implementing the EnMS, would enable Enigma Industrial Services to take a systematic approach in order to achieve continual improvement in the following areas: energy efficiency, energy use and consumption.
- Reduced operational and overhead costs lead to increased profitability;
- Reduced air emissions, such as greenhouse gases;
- Increased efficiency of energy sources;
- Increased assurance of legal, internal compliance;
- Variables affecting energy use and consumption are identified, and
- Increased understanding of energy use and consumption via communication.
Your advantages in working with us:
- Security in planning and execution at an individual fixed price
- Compact, unbureaucratic, and flexible approach
- Fast implementation through years of audit expertise
- Shortened audit duration and certification in 6-12 weeks